Wednesday 6 May 2009

Who we can and Can't help

This is just a quickie really due to a conversation earlier. People who are good - whether they are psychic, mediumistic or just plain old generous of heart, mind, body and soul - will always want to help others. They will always want to see justice served or a happy ending.

There are many nights I lose sleep fretting over something disturbing I have read or seen on the news or from elsewhere. I cannot get certain thoughts and visions out of my head no matter how much I try. I have spent many a night crying to myself in bed over something that seems incredibly cruel or unjust.

These tears are not going to change anything though. Sadly, we are not able to change everything in life that isn't pleasant or just. So many of us wish this were not the case and try our hardest to help where we are able. That is good and we should continue to try and help at all times where possible and reasonable. Sometimes though, it is not God's will that help is given in the way that we wish. One thing I do believe is that help is always given when asked for. Maybe not the way we wish it to be but it is always given. We do not know the whole picture and cannot, therefore, know what the end result will be. No matter how cruel the lesson is that we're learning and going through we have to believe that God, in His infinite wisdom, knows what He is doing.

It is a sad fact of life that it isn't the good times that teach us what we know and make us who we are but the bad times. The bad times and experiences are what moulds us and either makes us stronger, better people who will, in future, extend help and compassion to others or make us bitter, sad and twisted. Or even people who think the whole world hates them and has let them down. That doesn't mean you can't be sad or angry at times just try and get through it as best we can in the way that best suits us. This is when faith and trust gives one hope for the future. This is when we see what we are truly made of. I do speak from experience although that will remain private to me. From age 16 things have been pretty horrific at times and I am now 54. One thing I have never lost is my faith and hope and a belief that all will be right in the end.

Justice is mine says the Lord - and I believe Him. I have to. Without that belief what is there? One thing I can say truthfully is - I have never questioned "why me?"
More to the point - why NOT me. Why someone else? By asking "why me" you are actually wishing it on someone else. No matter what the day brings I always end the day with a prayer of thanks. Easier said than done sometimes. But who said life was easy?

I hope all of you have someone or something greater than us and the here and now that you believe in. For me it is God. Whatever your belief system is, I hope it brings you the same hope and trust. God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I really identify with what you are saying in every way, and in fact, it's as though you're describing me and my own life.

    ReplyDelete