Tuesday 26 May 2009

PSYCHOMETRY PART 2

Sorry this has taken so long but other things got in the way! Hopefully you will have something to try this with. Two or three things would be good. If you are doing it alone, then I suggest you have a pen and paper to hand in order to write down any information you may receive.

Once you are prepared - sitting comfortably and without a chance of being disturbed - then clear your mind with the usual three deep breaths and hold your chosen object in your hand. It doesn't matter which one. Just sit and wait to see what you feel. Don't try to force it or you will only imagine you are feeling things you aren't. I shall give you an example of what may happen by recounting the first time I tried psychometry.

I was given someone's watch to hold and asked to say what I felt. Nothing was the answer. I was waiting for a flash of instant knowledge and was concentrating hard on getting it. The harder I tried to get something, the more blank my mind went. There was someone watching and he asked what I was getting. 'Nothing', I replied. He assured me I was and said to stop trying so hard. He asked me to tell him what I was feeling. It was a tingling in my hand that was holding the watch. As soon as I said that it started to spread up my arm. I told him that was happening.

It turned out that this was what I was meant to be saying. I had been waiting for startling revelations which weren't forthcoming. Instead, I was getting very faint and subtle feelings which it turned out I should have been telling the owner of the watch about. Once I had said the first thing, then other things followed. I eventually, albeit very slowly, gave out that it felt like a woman was with me and what she had wrong. there were several more things and then it stopped. I knew then to stop before I started adding bits of my imagination to it.

So you see, when you do it for the first time, don't expect big things to happen or startling revelations of any kind. It is usually quite subtle feelings or a 'knowing'. There may only be a couple of things and even these you may not be sure of at first. In time you will learn to tell the difference between what you are picking up and what are your own thoughts.

Write down what you got and say what item you were holding at the time. Do this with each item until you have finished. If you want to, you can go back to the first one and try again. Do not over do it though. Ask the people who you have done this for to be honest about what you tell them. If you were wrong, then they must say. If you were accurate then excellent. Without people being honest, you won't learn if you are doing it correctly and relaying all the information in the right way.

Getting it wrong doesn't matter at first. It is something that may take a little time until you are used to doing it and have learned how to understand the feelings you are getting. It is so easy to think you have a pain in the knee or arm or wherever you're being shown. It is not always obvious at first that this is being given to you and is not actually YOUR pain. If at any time the feeling stays or is too intense, then just calmly but firmly in your mind tell them to take it away from you again. This should be done immediately you ask. You will feel it leaving you. If it doesn't then tell them again and if necessary, put down the object and get up and do something else. They need to know that YOU are in charge.

I always thank them for letting me feel, hear,smell or know what it is they are trying to show me. You must do the same. At the end of any exercise always say a thank you. Even if you feel nothing happened, you can be assured that someone is there listening. Just because you aren't aware doesn't mean they are not with you. So say thank you each time. It is the same with prayer. Each time you pray and ask for something, remember to always say a prayer of thanks later on. It may not always be obvious your prayer has been answered, but it shall have been. Maybe not how you wanted, but be assured, it will be in the best way for you although you may not know that is the case.

This hasn't been a long exercise as it is only really practice that makes perfect. Not everyone will be able to work in this way so do not be dismayed if it doesn't work for you. There are many gifts and each has their own. Some have one or two and others may have many more. Some people may not be able to do any of these things ever because this is not their time. Even if you can master psychometry, do not expect results each time you try it. It is not possible to always be able to do things when you try them. There are many reasons for this. Sometimes the energy is too low - theirs or yours. It could be that the person concerned you read for is not to know anything at that time. There are various reasons so do not be overly concerned if one day you excel and another you achieve nothing. There is also the fact that the gifts we have been given can be changed to others at any given moment.

I hope you get on with this and achieve some results. Do let me know if you do. Good luck and I wish you many happy hours of practice.

God's Blessing's

Lorraine.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever tried a psychomanteum (I think that's what it's called). A dark room with mirrors? Interesting blog. Thanks.
    Alley Mason
    www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete