Friday 29 May 2009

ARCHER'S PEERAGE - PART 4 (one of 2 parts)

Before I start this final part of the story may I reiterate something I mentioned earlier. This is NOT about me. I did state that but have had some criticism and comments that if you do good works they should be done quietly. I couldn't agree more. However, what the British did was not a small thing and SHOULD be recognised. Once again, it is NOT MY NAME I want known or recognised it is BRITISH AID FOR THE KURDS. And to those who complain about that. Why shouldn't they have recognition. £200,000,000 is a heck of an achievement. Besides, if you remember, I said the only reward I wanted was Archer to be stripped of his title.

I accept all comments and am grateful for them, but I get upset if people think this is about me, because it isn't. If you think I'm after glory I'm not. I had all of that 17 years ago in other ways and don't need it thank you. If you recall, I tried to get someone else to pretend she was me. So the self glory I can't be accused of. Not letting it go and being obsessed by it - yes, I stand guilty as accused. Besides, there is more to it than I am prepared to tell you as it is private, so really, you shouldn't judge without the whole facts. Now that's out of the way, let's continue.

The people who took part in the KPMG investigation into the missing money that Archer alleged to have raised, were people involved in Kurdish relief in some way or another. I have a full report of that investigation, not just the bits released for publication. I also have the full transcript of my interview with them. I went armed with documentation and letters from Government along with lists and letters showing what exactly it was that we had done and sent to the Kurds.

Up to this point, I was under the impression that what we had raised was possibly around the £10-20 million mark. I thought even that was excessive. It turned out to be a gross underestimation. During the interview, government figures showed estimated costs of certain items. It was only then that we realised that at the very minimum, based on those government figures, we had in fact raised over £200,000,000 pounds. I even asked them if that figure was correct and they unhesitatingly said yes it was. How shocked was I.

In the full report the figures were given about Archer's claims. It turned out that he did nothing. All monies talked of and claimed by him as his work were complete and utter lies which John Major had actually encouraged. Money had been given by our government and other governments for the Kurdish people, but long before Archer was even aware there was an appeal going on. John Major took it upon himself to accredit Archer with it.

The BBC did a programme about him and his peerage and in it they stated that Archer had befriended Major and had asked for a title. What for though. If he was to be given one for anything he did with the Conservative party it would have stated that's what it was for. Nobody wanted him though and the request for a peerage, from what I have read, had already been turned down twice. It was only if they could find a "cause" for him that no one could then object. There was talk at sometime of great amounts of money that Archer was alleged to have given the Tories out of his own pocket. Whether this was true I can't possibly say, I do know though, that his and John Major's claims are completely fabricated.

It was luck of the draw for them both, that at the time he was asking and they were looking, I came along. A little housewife from Devon who nobody knew. I wasn't a celebrity who was leading a group, I was an unknown entity who could be hidden. Problem was, I wouldn't go away. BAFK was huge and because of that, it would appear that the media had to be told there was to be a news blackout on our activities. This was questioned in Parliament.

When I first formed BAFK I was interviewed on local television and was asked what made me do it. I gave an answer which Archer repeated almost word for word a month later when he was asked the same question. He couldn't even answer that honestly or originally.

I intend finishing this this evening but as it is longer than the others, shall publish what I have written up till now. The conclusion to follow very shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment